Traditional crowns have been around for many years in dentistry, but CEREC technology is newer to the field. CEREC, or ceramic reconstruction, provides a perfectly fitting and attractive crown in only one visit to the dentist. In just a few hours, you can get your crown from start to finish and be able to enjoy your fully restored smile right away.
If you aren’t convinced yet, here are some reasons to consider using CEREC for your next dental crown:
- Time – Crowns made the traditional way take at least two appointments, and usually require wearing a temporary crown while the final one is made in a lab. CEREC crowns are made in a single appointment and the final restoration is placed the same day, so patients save time making only one trip to the dentist.
- No temporary crowns – CEREC completely eliminates the requirement for temporary crowns.
- Materials – CEREC crowns are made of ceramic, so there are no metals used that might bother patients with allergies.
- Anesthesia – fewer office visits means fewer shots or other types of anesthesia requirements.
- Less tooth impacts – CEREC and its high quality camera images calls for less drilling on your natural tooth than other types of crowns.
- Fewer gaps – CEREC crowns have smaller gaps between the teeth than other crowns. This allows the CEREC crown to fit more closely to the gums and result in fewer crown failures.
- Dentist control – your dentist has full control over the process and shapes your crown right in the office instead of sending the work out to a lab.
- Cost savings – CEREC crowns usually cost about the same as traditional crowns, but cost savings are incurred by spending less gas driving to multiple appointments, not missing as much work, and fewer expenses like child care.
If you need to correct a damaged tooth with a crown, a dentist qualified to use CEREC technology can make your smile look great in a shorter amount of time and with less hassles.
We treat patients from Woolwich and the surrounding area